Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Signs of Addiction

When I got home from work yesterday, bleary-eyed and tired, I performed my usual routine: I turned on my PC.

Horror struck me. I did not have Internet access.

I'd just spent 9+ hours in the office, pounding away on a computer. This shouldn't have been the end of the world.

I called my service provider and found out there was an outage. No ETA for restoration of service.

Breathe. Breathe.

I plugged in a workout DVD and tried a P90X "Kempo X" workout.

Felt good.

I went back to my computer. Still no Internet.

OH NOES! HOW WOULD I SEE LOLCATS?

Wait. I don't look at lolcats. I don't care for the meme.

Pr0n? Nah.

I had to check the balance on a couple of accounts and retrieve something from Dropbox, but none of that was terribly urgent.

Why the anxiety? Why?

I finished the workout. I called my service provider again. Still no ETA.

Sighing, I went back to my computer, fired up some tunes, and looked around for a book... hey! I HAVE ACCESS AGAIN!!!

WHEE!!!!

Glee filled me. Happiness. Giddy, giddy happiness.

Ecstacy!

JOY!

Yeah... addiction. That's all it is. Pure addiction.

[EDIT: And now YIM is down this morning. Anxiety...]

['NOTHER EDIT: Just my YIM is down this morning. Glee. My personal login can't access YIM, but others have no problem. How wonderful.]

No comments: