Friday, April 13, 2012

the crazy

Pouring rain this fine Friday morning. Standing water in the roads. Good times.

By which I mean the times were lacking in "good", save that I have avoided harm to myself or my precious car. People need to slow the fuck down. Sweet FSM.

---
Payday! I love that word. I'd love it more if I weren't in the hole this month. Going to be a tight two weeks 'till the next cash infusion. *sigh*

I am learning fiscal self control again. Slowly. Must. Resist. Buying. Shiny. Things.

---
I actually can resist the shiny things pretty well right now. Some personal events have made me have to reassess my skill-set a bit. I need to renew my CPR/First Aid certification. Just in case.

I could do it through my office for free, but that would put me on a team... and that would mean meetings. And... yeah. No thanks. I'd rather take a day, cough up a hundred bucks and change, and just walk away with the renewed skills.

I hate meetings.

---
One of my friends has decided to bow out of gaming. I've been thinking over the last week or so just how much his unique (and often insane) perspective has brought to our gaming table.

To say he'll be missed doesn't begin to cover it. He drove me batshit insane, but he also added a richness and depth to our campaigns that can't really be put into words.

I respect his reasons and decision, but I have to say his departure depresses me far more than I expected.

---
Cracked.com has dispensed wonderful gems of wisdom in the past, but this article really kicks my ass.

Love it.

I've always had trouble with the "follow your heart" cliche. Last time someone dispensed that little bit of lore to me, I recall giving a fairly verbose reply:

"Well, my heart's primary job is to distribute the blood (or ichor) through my body. It's a simple task for a simple organ. I'd rather not distract it from that important goal by having it make decisions that my brain should be doing. Thanks, though."

It sounded wittier at the time. Trust me.

Or maybe it was the beer talking.

---
On the topic of Cracked, I, for one, welcome our female overladies.

No comments: