Saturday, April 14, 2012

Checklist

Bake: check. I'm getting the angel-food cake (made from scratch) down.

Balance checkbook: check. *sigh*

Go for a bike ride: check. Wow. The weather was unreal. Gorgeous beyond words. My legs. They hurt.

Eat healthy: Um... no. Oh well.

See The Hunger Games: check.

Okay...

I saw two of a triple feature at the Castro last night: Lost in Translation and Battle Royale.

Having refreshed myself on the orgy of blood that is Battle Royale, I had to go see The Hunger Games.

So I haven't read the books. I've no idea how faithful the movie is to the book in question. My impression is that it's not as Battle Royale-esque as I expected.

Interesting premise, I suppose. Good casting. I liked all the characters, though I had a hard time warming to the main heroine. I have to assume she's a more interesting character in the novel.

Nice flick. I'm glad I saw it.

No comments: