Thursday, April 19, 2012

A smattering of things

1) Blogger's new interface was redesigned.

As with most aesthetic changes, I don't like it. The old interface worked fine. I wish they would leave well enough alone and stop fucking around with the interface making me have to hunt down and re-learn functions.

At the very least, I wish they'd just let users have the option to use the older interface. This sort of disruptive bullshit is what pushed me to ditch Facebook.

2) Since I'm in a pissy mood, I may as well voice my observations regarding the time-travel thriller Looper.

I saw a trailer before The Cabin in the Woods last night.

Yawn.
Time travel hit squads. The premise seems remarkably stupid. Kudos for having Joseph Gordon-Levitt as the lead, but I'll pass on this one.

3) On the flipside, now that I've slept on it, I'm convinced that The Cabin in the Woods may well be one of the most brilliant horror movies ever.

Goddard and Whedon successfully explain away every horror movie trope and cliche with sinister genius.

It helps that they add in little touches of scene cutaways and witty dialog that reminds me of "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" when it was in its prime.

Only with lots of gore in parts.

4) Four days of riding my bike to work. My legs hurt. I whine because I can.

No comments: