Monday, April 16, 2012

Adventures in Bicycling

In honor of the anticipated warm and sunny week, I got my lazy arse out the door and pedaled to work.

It's refreshing to know that I'm not that out-of-shape. I wasn't panting too badly by the time I reached my office's bicycle storage.

In today's game of count-the-hookers, I spotted a total of zero.

Got shouted at by a crazy guy at a bus stop, though. Near as I can figure, he wanted to use my cell phone. A guy on crutches asked if I had some smokes, but I'm not sure that counts for anything (and he seemed nice enough).

Actually, people have generally seemed nice lately. My bike ride on Saturday was a parade of pleasant, smiling, and friendly folk of all walks of life. Most of the folk I encountered riding in this morning exchanged pleasant smiles and nods (save bus-stop guy, but he might have been smiling. I couldn't see his face to tell.).

And now Monday begins. *Sigh*

No comments: