Monday, April 23, 2012

Madness

First Blogger does their damn interface redesign, now Salon does one.

Why is it that sites have to be redesigned in such a way as to completely disrupt the flow of information and make users have to re-learn the site use? It doesn't really accomplish much more than irritating the users I know.

Irritating.

---

I hit the Martinez Beer Festival over the weekend. If you don't know where Martinez is, be grateful.

Best festival I've hit in memory. While the temperatures were unpleasantly-hot, the setup was the most organized I've seen. The staff kept the crowds organized and the festival was the way things should be. You pay at the door and all the beer tastings are covered. You only have to pay for food, non-beer drinks, and the other crap that was sold. There was (bad) live music and lots of tents as well as tables with smaller tents. And there were misters making mist to offset the burning death-rays of the dayball.

And the beers were good!

---

Had a moment of joy when I met some earnest and charming youth who were impressed by a Flying Spaghetti Monster symbol I had. Said symbol caused a bit of an unintended ruckus as one of the youth was undecided as to whether or not she should feel offended by the FSM symbol (apparently her belief system is contrary in some manner). The other three youngsters had an animated discussion about the FSM with her.

It was quite interesting. Smart young adults. Gave me hope for the future.

---

Looks like I won't get much bicycling in this week. Apparently rain is due in the forecast for the next few days. May or may not happen, but I hate riding on wet roads so I'll be back to burning fossil fuels instead of being my own fossil fuel.

See what I did there? Me iz clever!

No comments: