Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A stain of brain matter

September ticks down to its final days.  Sweet mother of mercy this year is blazing by quickly.  Can't say I'm sorry.  2010 has not been the best of all years.

That said, it hasn't completely sucked.  I'm just not going to be sorry to see it go.

I've watched the premiere of season three of "Fringe".  I'm on the fence on it.  I love the show and I'm happy to see its return.  Going right into the alternate universe for an episode is pretty damn awesome. 

That said, I can't say I found an entire episode centered around Olivia to be terribly great viewing.  And the plot development with her seemed... unimpressive.  Maybe I'm just expecting too much.  The development in the "main" reality was even less-impressive.  I'm hoping for more interesting twists in the not-too-distant future.

The second episode of "Hawaii Five-0" was pretty bad.  'Nuff said.  The show is brain candy at best.  Trash at worst.

I caught a little of the new Cartoon Network show: "Sym-Bionic Titan".  I love Genndy Tartakovsky's work.  This is such an awesome homage to the mecha anime of the 70's and 80's.  Need more.

On that topic, I now have all of "Samurai Jack".  I've only skimmed a bit of what I've got.  I'm saving it for a down time in viewing material.  Love that show.

And finally... "Sherlock".

So, Steven Moffat, of season five "Dr. Who" fame, helped create a modern-day "reboot" of Sherlock Holmes.

A friend gave me the first three episodes. I've watched the first one and gotten through most of the second one. 

It's freakin' brilliant.  The second ep is a bit less-impressive, but the first one was utter genius.  Loved all of it. 

More, please.

No comments: