Thursday, September 2, 2010

Reactions

I consider it one of my duties in life to share any particular trash that has become a centerpiece in the dysfunctional stew that is my existence in the mortal coil.

So it was only natural that I shared my DVD of Ninja with a few hapless souls who would appreciate it for what it is.

The reactions have been most entertaining.

Yesterday I cornered the latest lucky duck to get his take on the movie. He told me he had to watch it muted because the dialog was too painful. His fiancee was strangely-fascinated and watched the entire thing through with the sound on. (He's found his soul mate if she didn't walk away after watching this movie...)

It is sort of like looking at a particularly horrible and gruesome accident in some ways. You know it's an atrocity but you can't tear your eyes away.

I think I've reached the end of my short-list of victims for this particular film.

Probably for the best.

Now I'm working on another, potentially-worse, series: "The Ancient Dogoo Girl"

I was pushed towards this by a sadistic bastard who shall remain unnamed. It's two discs of a Japanese action-comedy that takes bizarre to a new level.

How do I express this?

Erik still refuses to forgive me for subjecting him to the live-action Cutie Honey movie.

"The Ancient Dogoo Girl" is worse. It is so much worse.

I will, of course, watch the series all the way through. I suspect I have to or some creepy ghost-girl will climb out of my TV and gnaw on my brain or something.

It's a welcome distraction from the heat, at least. And I'm hoping it will keep me from entering the kitchen and feeding my sugar addiction.

I can dream.

No comments: