Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Five-Oh

Just finished watching the pilot episode.

Ye gods.

That was pretty damn awful. Whomever wrote the dialog should be fired with extreme prejudice. The plot was so painfully one-dimensional that it made my teeth hurt.

Oh, and the thought that the Governor of Hawai'i can create her own pseudo-nazi police task force that can violate Constitutional rights is pretty goddamn disturbing and bizarre.

Casting: Alex O'Loughlin (playing Steve McGarrett) is pretty dour and humorless. His character is going to be really annoying really fast. And he's the lead guy.

Scott Caan (playing Danno) is an even worse cliche, alas.

Daniel Dae Kim (playing Chin Ho Kelly) is entertaining enough. I could almost believe he's an islander when he slips into the pidgin, but I have to admit I haven't listened to pidgin in a long time.

Grace Park (playing Kona Kalakaua) is sexy and gorgeous, so that distracts me from the cliche of her being the quasi damsel-in-distress and rookie cliche.

That said, this show will totally be a guilty pleasure until the writing inspires me to break my television or cancel cable.

No comments: