Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sort of Pimping - Triple Aught Design (TAD) Gear

I considered properly pimping out Triple Aught Design (TAD Gear).

They're essentially a more garment-oriented, expensive, quasi-Army-surplus kind of place. They're mainly for people with too much time and money on their hands.

I'm not selling this very well, am I?

Before purchasing my car (and before the economy went south), I had a bit more discretionary income. While being anything other than an outdoors person, I do like durable, useful garments. I do hike on-and-off and I have often sort-of planned on going camping again (okay, probably not... but I could change my mind).

And I do like that "survivalist chic" look, plus all the stuff.

I can't remember why I trekked out to TAD Gear in the southern part of San Francisco one Thursday afternoon. The parking was impossible and their stuff was hell of expensive.

No, wait. I remember.

I was dissatisfied with my SEV Jacket and was looking for a nice, light jacket as a replacement. At the time, TAD Gear was selling a "garage jacket". It's referenced in some prior post I'm too lazy to look up. I bought it. I loved it.

I bought another and some wool hoodies to layer with it. All overpriced, but of good quality and very comfortable.

The site has been redesigned a couple of times. Their stock was pretty small when I looked at it this morning. I can't say they currently carry anything that tempts me, but they've had interesting stuff in the past and their store is kind of cool.

Disclaimer: I don't work for TAD Gear. I don't get any money from them nor do I know anyone who works for them. I do not have any kind of relationship established with them aside from being a customer of theirs.

No comments: