Thursday, September 9, 2010

Pimping - Duluth Trading Co.

Since I'm in a pimping mood (I need to buy a velour hat) I may as well go on.

I rarely read my older posts, so I have no idea if I've actually commented on sites I buy stuff from. If this is a repeat... well, ignore it and move on.

So, where was I?

Oh yeah, Duluth Trading Company.

So they also sell stuff. Mostly clothes, but they have other odds and ends. They bill themselves as a "workwear" site for blue collar folks (which I am most certainly not... I have trouble changing lightbulbs...).

I was first told of Duluth at a party held by the Veeb. Her friend Guy was wearing shorts made out of some kind of funky material (I later learned it was fire hose material) and he was extolling the virtues of the attire as well as its durability, etc.

The Veeb pointed me to the site. I looked through. I bought clothes. I got clothes. I bought more clothes. Rinse and repeat.

I started with their jeans. I always shred jeans. Not 'cause I'm particularly active, but just 'cause I'm not especially coordinated and tend to carry sharp things in my pockets (it's a wonder I haven't died of blood loss, actually). Duluth jeans have the distinction of having tough, deep, pocket linings made of this fire hose material.

I fell in love with the first few pairs and wear them obsessively. Later purchases have shown a slight decline in quality, but I think that's 'cause I've been getting the mid-weight versions instead of the regular versions.

I have even broken down and gotten a few pairs of the straight-up work pants.

These guys are proud of making their garments out of the fire hose material. I thought it was weird at first, but I have to say I'm a fan now. The stuff dries quickly, is mostly water and stain repellent, and quite comfortable. The work pants have lots of pockets, which always makes me happy.

I've also gotten several versions of the shorts. My favorite is the Ultimate Fire Hose Work Shorts. They have the best fit and most comfortable pocket placement for me.

They have shirts, jackets, t-shirts, etc. that I've also added to my wardrobe. I have yet to regret any purchase. The garments are comfortable, tough, and loaded with pockets. On the rare occasion I've had to return anything, the company has been easy to deal with.

I'd recommend them to anyone if anyone actually listened to (and cared about) my recommendations.

Disclaimer: I don't work for Duluth Trading Company. I don't get any money from them nor do I know anyone who works for them. I do not have any kind of relationship established with them aside from being a customer of theirs.

No comments: