Friday, March 12, 2010

Jolly Good

Ah, Friday. Come in, come in.

Do take a seat.

Drink? No? Very well. To business.

It has come to my attention that your attendance has been spotty of late. You've only been sighted once every seven days.

No, no. Don't speak.

We are responsible for more than a mere business here, Friday. We are maintaining the very fabric of reality.

I shall pause to let that settle in your mind.

I understand the confines of your schedule, Friday. I truly do. I am sympathetic. However, the higher-ups... what was that? Adjust the schedule of the working world?

You want to shift your effect to that of your compatriots? Interesting. Monday may well work for such a role. No, I'm afraid Tuesday is inherently unsuited for this. Yes, that's why Tuesday is in the cellar.

No, I'm sure you're imagining hearing screams.

Your ideas are... intriguing, Friday. Very well, we shall postpone this discussion. I shall pass along your ideas to the Higher Ups.

Excellent job, as usual Friday. Welcome back.

No comments: