Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Exercising Logistics

My old running shoes really weren't "running" shoes, per se. They were cheap Sketchers that I was using to run in.

And that was a bit of a mistake. I was developing pain in my feet (mainly the arches). That's never a good thing, so I've been meaning to get around to finding proper running shoes.

So I found some Adidas on sale and got a pair then went running after work yesterday amidst the chaos of wranging laundry time with my neighbors.

Damn, I forgot how good proper running shoes feel. And no weird pain in my arches. Yay!

It felt really good. The weather was gorgeous and running always helps me clear my head a bit and sort out my priorities.

I slept well last night.

Goddamn DST is still kicking me where I live, so I struggled a bit this morning to get going, but I feel rested.

'Till I tried to ride my bike in.

Wouldn't you know it? My bike needs maintenance again. The damn chain keeps slipping. Last time, the mechanic didn't know exactly what the cause was. He was of the opinion that the chain is fine. It's the gear, but he wasn't able to properly fix the problem. I think I'll take it to a different mechanic and see what they can do for me.

Trying to be healthy is very... um... trying.

No comments: