Monday, August 10, 2009

The rule of good movies

This movie makes me so excited!

NINJAS!

I'll probably appreciate (or even like) a movie if it has any of the following in it:

- explosions
- gunfights
- ninjas
- swordfights
- ninjas
- pirates
- ninjas
- spaceships
- lasers
- spaceships firing lasers
- ninjas
- ninjas using lasers aboard spaceships

Okay, this list got away from me a bit.

Essentially, I like my action movies a lot. I do require a reasonably solid plot and some attempt at acting before I'll step up and call the movie good.

And there are movies with these elements that I don't like... RobotJox is leading the pack of those. It's still on my top five list of worst movies I've ever seen.

But I digress.

So, Ninja Assassin is totally on my "must see" list.

It helps that J. Michael Straczynski is credited as writing (or co-writing) the screenplay for this. If JMS touched it, it's a fair bet it's going to be good (let's move away from the mediocre Babylon-5: The Lost Tales - Voices in the Dark and the awful "Babylon 5: The Legend of the Rangers: To Live and Die in Starlight"... everyone has off-days).

Can't wait.

No comments: