Saturday, August 1, 2009

A random afternoon

With the Emeryville Scharffenberger chocolate factory (and store) closed, it's difficult to get ahold of their 99% cacao baking chocolate bars.

With that in mind, my quest this morning was a simple one: head to San Francisco and see if their outlet store still existed in the Ferry Building.

It did.

I quested out then to another store for a bit of something I really don't need. Thankfully for my wallet, said item was out of stock.

I craved beer. Oh, and lunch.

A quick call later, and I had lunch plans with my friend Steve. We settled on the 21st Amendment, a charming brewpub on 2nd Avenue, south of Market.

From past experience, I figured after I was about 2/3rds into my first pint that Steve may have meant the San Francisco Brewing Company. A quick call later confirmed that was indeed the case. We opted to go with 21st Amendment and he meandered by for lunch.

Their beer is not for the meek.

Just sayin'

By the end of that lunch, we had settled out how to help a friend celebrate a very belated 40th in proper debauched style and how to incorporate celebrations for our own pending birthdays.

Over strong beers, mind you.

We parted ways somewhere along the Embarcadro and I decided to spend some money on something I'd been considering prior to lunch.

BART home was devoid of the smelly, crazy people I encountered on the ride in. I'm grateful for the break. Sitting next to one hygienically-challenged freak is enough for my week.

I got about a block from home when I hurried across an intersection and stepped funny on a curb... with my bad leg.

Ow.

So I've managed to blow out my leg again. Good times. I'm hoping the patches will help this time.

Ow.

No comments: