Saturday, December 22, 2012

Welcome Horror

22 December 2012

Craving sustenance and a pint of something to fortify the blood against the nameless horrors of the season, I stepped out to the local pub for a pint or two and a bite.

Upon returning to my abode, I found a strange box by my front door. Curious, I took the parcel within as I returned via my unlit hallway. I felt quite inquisitive as to how the parcel arrived on my doorstep. Did the locked doors of my building fail to stop the normal street traffic?

I set my various belongings aside, cast my umbrella to its place in my coat-rack, and opened the parcel.


From within compact packing materials, this sinister countenance was buried. It stares forth at me with a baleful presence demanding sacrifices of rum and juices mixed together in a proper manner so as to satisfy a dark and endless thirst that sets a mortal mind to a gibbering madness.

I set this strange idol aside as I investigated the parcel further. I am not certain where the strange appendage that emerges from the vessel came, but I choose not to acknowledge such for fear of my own sanity.

More was discovered within:


Memory tickles at the mind. It barely overcomes a near-mindless thirst that is all-consuming.

I fear there is more from whence this eldritch vessel came.

Perhaps the Mayans were not so incorrect as we were led to believe...

No comments: