Thursday, December 6, 2012

MADNESS? This is... no wait, I did this already.

So endeth the rain to the Bay Area for a while. I expect the break is welcome to folks repairing damage and clearing drains, but I hope it's a wet winter with lots of snow in the Sierras.

We need it.



Erik tipped me off to Trader Joe's cinnamon rolls last time I had an in-person chat with him.

I got some last week. Made some last weekend. Results:

  • Delicious beyond words
  • The damn things are about 390 calories a pop.
  • Delicious beyond words
  • The sugar messed me up.
Conclusion: if I ever want to develop full-blow diabetes, these things are the way to go.



So yesterday was Repeal Day, when Prohibition was tossed out as a bad idea. Arguably one of the saner moments in our nation's history.

Not-too-coincidentally, Washington (state) has legalized marijuana.

I'm not a massive fan of MJ myself. I don't like the act of smoking and eating anything with weed in it has too long of an effect.
I prefer my booze as I know how long that's going to alter my state.

That said, I'm all for legalizing it. Marijuana is pretty low-key as drugs go. I've known tons of mean drunks but have yet to meet a mean stoner ("mean" defined as someone willing to be violent rather than someone not willing to share a bag of chips or some pizza).



I'd like the weather to get a bit cooler, personally. I don't mind the mild temperatures, for the most part, but I do enjoy a nice, crisp, cold morning from time-to-time, especially when the season calls for it.

Thank the FSM our "cold" in the Bay Area is just "somewhat chilly" by the standards of the rest of the world. We don't (normally) get snow or any of that crazy stuff.

No comments: