Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lust List and Stuff

I have, at best, only a few isolated scenarios in which a slingshot is of any practical use in my life.

That does not stop me from wanting this with an unholy desire.

If I can make it work in my budget in 2013, I actually want to look into archery. That's not going to be an inexpensive hobby, alas.

Oh, I could rent a bow and all that. My friend V has shared her experiences with her archery options in the area. The thought has appeal but if I go into this hobby, I'll probably want to get a bow.

I never realized it before, but archery and using slingshots seem to have a fair amount in common.



I used to wear a 686 Tool belt as my belt of choice.

I always liked the idea of having screwdrivers at-hand (so to speak) and a bottle-opener to boot (though opening a bottle with the belt buckle can look really awkward... okay, moving on...).

I tried an Instructable method for converting my tool belt into a makeshift money belt at one point by adding velcro on this inside.

It worked okay for a time, but there were... flaws. To do this right, I'd really need to do some sewing, a skill I lack. And to it the way I wanted, I'd have to be able to stitch into the leather of the belt, which I simply don't have the right tools to do properly.

Long story short, I opted to get a different belt.

I got the travel belt on Preparedness Deals. It looks nicely-unobtrusive and has that hidden pocket option that I so love.

Nice belt. Lighter and easier to adjust. This may well be my new favorite for a while.

No comments: