Monday, December 17, 2012

The Tainto

As I previously indicated I received my order from Zombie Tools over the weekend.

The Tainto.

Modeled on the Japanese Tanto, the Tainto is fourteen inches (35 cm) of hefty goddamn steel with a six-inch handle wrapped in black leather and an eight inch, single-edged blade of distressed-looking steel that oozes badass.

To say I was giddy this weekend does not quite cover the joy I felt.

It's a solid knife and in my many years of blade-collecting, probably the highest-quality piece I've obtained (with the possible exception of some smithing work done by a buddy of mine).

It's got great balance and a nice feel to it. The edge could be a bit sharper, but some work on the whetting stone should fix that up nicely.

I now need to save up for an Apokatana and a matching Zakasushi. Want. So. Badly.

One day...

No comments: