Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Madness? THIS. IS. WEDNESDAY!

It's raining. Love it. I guess this is the last of the wet stuff for a while. Hope we get more. A lot more. And I hope it's spaced out with dry periods so we don't have flooding.

And I want a pony that craps gold.



A friend of mine asked me to look over a paper for her class. It's math. It's not just math. It's math that may as well be a completely foreign language to me. I can't remember the last time I had to look at math problems that involved graphs, roots, and letters-in-place-of-numbers.

I'm having PTSD flashbacks from high school math class. Well, I would if I could remember high school.



Twenty more days 'till Xmas. I've been lucky. Thus far I've not heard a single bit of Xmas music. The only Xmas bling I've been subjected to are the office Xmas trees. Good times there.



Reading Red Country by Ian Abercrombie. If you're not familiar with Abercrombie's work, he writes happy, fluffy, light-hearted fictional accounts of fantasy settings.

By which I mean the settings are fantasy but anything other than happy, fluffy, and light-hearted.

I'm liking the book, but I'm thinking Abercrombie really intended for this to be a western instead of a more swords-and-knives fantasy. There's been a few showdown scenes that were a bit jarring for having characters with hands on knives instead of six-shooters.

Otherwise it's not a happy story in the least. Still enjoying it.



Waiting on my order of Jim Butcher's next Dresden Files book. Should come today if all goes well.

Compared to Abercrombie, Butcher writes of a magical world where flying unicorns crap rainbows and sing of friendship and love.

And Butcher does not write of these things.



I have participated in several Kickstarters now. I'm running about 50-50 on getting any kind of substantive return on my investments, but that's due to delays in production rather than tossing money into a black hole.

I have high hopes that I shall have my Cthulhu Tiki Mug by end of January (if the Elder Gods are kind... you may laugh at that....) and maybe see a few other things float into production and reality.

I can't wait to have a Zombie in my Cthulhu Tiki Mug... should this product actually come my way.

I have to say, Kickstarter was a brilliant idea.

No comments: