Wednesday, December 19, 2012

A few random Wednesday Thoughts

Per the fascinating statistics function, I have 59 pageviews from Russia. This week, apparently.

I'm truly curious as to what I post that would interest anyone in Russia.

Maybe there's just an interest in black-clad extraterrestrial simians?



The holidaze time-crunch is pressing against my consciousness. I'm starting to freak out on how in the hell I'm going to get the rest of my Xmas shopping done amidst various social obligations.

Strike that. I was stressing. Then I glanced through the news. Now I'm just goddamn thrilled I haven't had to deal with the sort of stuff that's currently getting media attention. Crazy fucking world.



In an effort to deal with repetitive stress issues during computer-use, I decided to stop sitting on an exercise ball as a computer chair and actually invest in a real chair.

In true "me-fashion", the obtaining of said chair would have made for a great sitcom episode. Random street guy hitting me up to sell me something sketchy. Problems finding what I needed. Traffic craziness. Skinning a knuckle carrying the boxed chair to my apartment. Assembly issues... you'd think a writer could spend a little more time reading the assembly instructions.

So far, it's worth it, I suppose. Cutting back on my computer use might be a better option, but let's not get crazy here.



It's funny what Bay Area natives consider "cold as hell". Anything less than 50 F (that's 10 C for you non-Americans) or more than 80 F (26 C for you non-Americans) and most of us freak out.

Depends on internal thermostat, of course. I have many friends who are always cold and want some Arizona-esque baking heat all the time. Crazy nutjobs.

Then there's others (like me) that enjoy the cool fog and prefer things on the chill side.

All the same, it's funny when the thermostat drops to the 40's or lower. You'd think the endtimes were coming the way the news warns us to bundle up and worry about things like black ice, frost on windows, and what-not.

If we got actual snow here, we'd be paralyzed.

So now I sit at my desk with my hood up like a Nazgul (mostly to filter out hated fluorescent lighting) and feel a weird mix of enjoying the chilly weather while simultaneously whining about it.

Life doesn't suck.

I expect it would be much colder in Russia.

No comments: