Sunday, December 30, 2012

Combating the Sloth

I've been a slug for seven days. I've eaten, drank, eaten, debauched, and essentially been a waste of human skin.

It's been delightful.

I even broke down and got myself a Zachary's Pizza under the theory that I'll behave myself in 2013 (no, I don't believe that lie either).

German rauchbier and Zachary's garlic and mushroom deep dish go well together. Just sayin'.

I've felt guilty, however. All I've done is watch my DVD set of the Cadfael Mysteries (look it up) since Xmas when I haven't been at a bar or what-not.

So to day I broke out the bike and went for a ride.

It's astounding, just astounding how out-of-shape I've become.

Astounding, not surprising. I guess there's little difference, so it wasn't all that astounding.

I rode a few miles along the shore, wussed-out, went home then forced my lazy arse out the door to go for a run. Didn't get terribly far for many reasons then came back home and made myself do a hundred push-ups and a hundred sit-ups.

Feeling good, I then had some Zachary's pizza and some beers. No sense getting any kind of net benefit out of this...

No comments: