Sunday, March 4, 2012

Recursive Inspiration

Yesterday, I barely left my apartment, save to get groceries.

I was attempting to avoid pollen exposure. As a result, I did not go outside and enjoy the sun and blue skies. I stayed indoors and tried to make angel food cake from scratch.

A tip: when making angel food cake, don't use whole wheat pastry flour, even if it's the only pastry/cake flour available at your local supermarket. Go somewhere else and get proper cake flour.

That said, I only had one abysmal failure. The second attempt is more fluffy and cake-like, albeit a bit odd in consistency.

Yesterday, my good friend Erik was somehow inspired by my previous post whining about the weather.

I realized yesterday I essentially shut myself off from the world. I even forgot to turn on my cell phone (and missed three calls that might have gotten me out of my man-cave that smells like failed pastry experiments).

This morning, I woke and was determined to get my lazy arse out and do something related to fitness. My bicycle still requires repairs, alas, but that just means it's time for a nice run.

A couple of miles later, I'm feeling pretty good. If history is any indication, I will feel the pollen intake soon, but it was worth it. Gorgeous day.

And yes, I still plan to whine when I start sneezing.

No comments: