Friday, March 23, 2012

The Case of the Hemorrhaging Wallet

Uncrate continues its one-site war on my wallet and my self-control by continually taunting me with stuff I lust after.

I clearly need to take a long look at my life priorities, but that's another matter entirely.

So first they advertise the Carbon Fiber Daggers. I like knives. I like carbon fiber. These things make me strangely-fascinated. That said, I can pretty easily resist these. I don't need some kind of murder weapon that can get past metal detectors and these are expensive as novelty items. In the end, I could safely say: "Pass" and move on.

Proud of my self-control, I gloated as a few days passed. Then Uncrate hit me with a double-whammy:

Skinth Sheaths and the Montie Gear Y-Fork Slingshot.

The bastards.

I love little holster things. Even as a kid I always was fascinated by things that could carry stuff. As society started incorporating portable devices that we carry about with us (cell phones, etc.) I found with glee that I could start carrying these holster things and it wouldn't make me look like any more of a dork than I already do (and, to be fair, I take the dork look pretty far).

I've been fond of the Chrome Bags Accessory Pouch and using that as my cell carrier in most circumstances. It lets me slide in my tiny cell, a pen, and even a pack of chewing gum. It only gets occasional eye-rolls from people.

The Skinth Sheaths seem to take the functionality much further.

And then there's that slingshot. I don't need a slingshot. I really don't. I have a wristrocket slingshot somewhere.

But this one looks so... cool...

I must... succumb... to... materialism...

No comments: