Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How'd you like a nice piece of Pi?

Happy Pi Day math nerds!

I'm rubbish at math, but I do appreciate a good (or better yet, bad) pun. So happy Pi Day, people of Earth!

---
The rain is socking the Bay Area nicely. It's steady but not too heavy. For all that, there's a lot of standing water on the road and the recurring themes of people who can't seem to handle adjusting their speed for wet roads.

There was some accident on the freeway this morning about sixty yards before I hopped on the road. It was apparently bad enough to stop traffic cold, so when I bopped on, I had a freeway to myself.

Weird feeling. I could get used to it, though...

---
I've finally given up on watching "Alcatraz". What a crappy show.

---
Added a couple of links to the side. The ITS Tactical Store and Preparedness Deals.

[Edit] I also added a link to Sharper Now a knife dealer.[/Edit]

Perfect stuff for the prepared or would-be survivalist.

I haven't actually purchased anything from ITS Tactical. Their prices are a mite high, but I like looking at what they have. I mainly like reading the posts on the main site. These guys are pretty hard-core prep/survivalist/tactical-whatever types. There's a part of me that admires that dedication. I can't quite get so crazy over the guns and such, but reading their posts (and folks like Apocalypse Equipped) does inspire me to try to get out of my rut and make my lazy arse more prepared for the crazy future.

I have purchased from Preparedness Deals before. They ship quickly and their stuff is pretty neat. A lot of it is restricted to appropriate people (which is probably a good thing) but they have a fair amount of stuff that's available to common folk too.

[Edit] I got an onPoint TOPS knife from Sharper Now some time back and kept meaning to pimp them. I found them very responsive and pleasant to deal with. Neat selection of sharp things, too.

Why did I buy the onPoint Knife? It's shiny.

Okay, it's not really shiny. It's neat and I like it. Don't judge. It'll be a good camping knife.[/Edit]

Yes, I realize I sound like a nut. At least I'm not going completely batshit crazy.

Yet.

No comments: