Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veteran's Day

So today is Veteran's Day.

Alas, my office does not offer this as a paid holiday, so I'm office-bound. Strictly-speaking, I'm waiting for a search to finish so I can get something done.

I'd like to say some pithy thing about how we should honor veterans and all that. Given that I'm not a veteran and all the actual veterans I know have long since passed away, it would sound a bit much to aim for pithy.

It seems enough to call out that it's Veteran's Day and those who served in armed forces deserve some recognition for all that they do.

And I really hope that we, as a world, get our shit together so soldiers won't have to do the soldier thing.

Hm. Turned into a semi-pithy posting anyway. And my search is done. Time to get back to the salt mines.

No comments: