Tuesday, November 17, 2009

InfoHurl

Saw these on multiple blogs (OhGizmo! and another blog that escapes my memory right now).

$317 + shipping for sunglasses. Yikes.

Yeah, I can resist that expenditure. Especially after California jacked up taxes so my paychecks are shrinking. Just in time for xmas, too.

--
Saw these on multiple gadget blogs as well. These puzzle me. Why not just wear or carry a watch?

--
I watched AMC's remake of "The Prisoner" for a bit. I don't understand why they bothered to use the name of the classic 60's series. Why not tweak the story a bit and present it as something more original? The way it was written (slow, plodding, a bit dull) it served double-duty as being uninteresting and pissing off fans of the original.

With a bit of editing and tightening, it probably could have been a more compelling story. I found my interest waning fairly quickly, though and I watched both episodes from Sunday night as well as what I could catch on TV last night.

Remake fever. Seriously... what the hell? I think the only remake that's been worth a crap was Abrams' Star Trek movie. And to be honest, that flick had little to do with classic "Star Trek". It would have been better to go with something completely original and let Roddenberry's legacy rest.

No comments: