Friday, November 20, 2009

The Dangers of Mocking Mother Nature

I went to lunch with a bunch of my teammates today. The weather forecast was for wind and rain. We'd had plenty of the wind but not so much rain up to that point.

One of my friends drove and as I sat in the passenger seat, I made a comment to that effect. I actually believe I said something like "Wow, what a pathetic excuse for rain."

Hindsight being 20-20, I probably should've kept my trap shut.

We finally found parking at the restaurant. Street parking. Just as the skies opened up and the rain came down heavily at a lovely 45-degree angle.

My jeans are still damp.

My umbrella was not as helpful as I'd hoped it would be.

Life lesson here: Mother Nature (or God) isn't really keen on me mouthing off too much.

Lesson learned? Probably not...

No comments: