Saturday, March 8, 2014

Review: The Martian

Just finished "The Martian", by Andy Weir.

That was 260-something pages of pure awesome. And I thoroughly enjoyed it. How much did I enjoy it? I started reading it around lunchtime yesterday. Then more after work. Then more during the evening. Then the balance of this morning.

It's the story of Mark Whatley, an astronaut who gets marooned on Mars and the hell he goes through to try to survive.

It's a mix of terrifying, geeky, and utterly hysterical. There were parts of the book that made me nearly choke with laughter.

If there's a book to read in 2014, it should be this book. I can totally see this being a movie. There's no way anyone's going to do this movie anywhere near as awesome as this book read.

It's just not possible.

No comments: