Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The Eighties Will Never Die

I went bowling on Monday night.

Well, strictly-speaking, I was with people who were bowling. My shoulder is utterly hosed and I can't swing my arm properly to bowl. I "tended bar" (took charge of the pitcher of beer and made sure everyone was full).

All the while, the bowling alley blasted music from the '80's.

  • "Here I go Again" by Whitesnake
  • "Heart and Soul" by T'Pau (raise your hand if you know where the band got their name)
  • "Mr. Roboto" by Styx
And the list goes on. It was like a really bad flashback for me. Suddenly I was wondering why I wasn't wearing a jeans jacket and where all the mullets and glam-rock hair went.

Last night, after another after-work gathering (this week is insane), I found some CDs that I must have obtained at some point with various "greatest hits" from across the 1980's.

I ripped many of the songs and put 'em on my iPod.

Whitesnake just blasted my ears and now I'm hearing the Bangles sing a remix of "Hazy Shade of Winter".

I've invented my own personal hell.

No comments: