Thursday, May 9, 2013

flotsam and jetsam of the mind

Yesterday's "Worst Case Scenario" calendar had "How to Remove a Tick". Today's is "How to Recognize Lyme Disease". Nicely-positioned.



Ride your Bike to Work day. Complete with pithy little posters and everything. Way to make me wish I'd driven my car.



Bought a case of home-made beer yesterday. Properly-speaking, I can't afford it. I haven't caught up with some other expenses (medical appointments, car issues, etc.) but... well, beer. Tasty beer. It's a nice brown. The brewer suggested I drink at room temperature (and I did yesterday) but I think I'd prefer it a bit cooler. I'll test that this afternoon/evening.


I continue my way through the Riyria Revelations. Specifically Heir to Novron, the last of the trilogy. So far, the story has taken some entertaining turns. Now the real shit has hit the fan. I'll be interested to see where Sullivan is going with this. For the most part, I think I've got the overall story figured out (it's not really complicated) but the delivery is really what interests me.



Ray Harryhausen died the other day. In his honor, I've been making my way through the three Sinbad movies I own: The Golden Voyage of Sinbad, The Seventh Voyage of Sinbad, and Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger. The last title always makes me hera that song, y'know?

I'll admit The Golden Voyage is probably my favorite. Tom Baker ftw. Best villain you could possibly get for a movie like that.

I should get my hands on Jason and the Argonauts, just to do that much more honor to Harryhausen. Dude was a serious rock star.



Been fighting... I don't know what. A cold? Allergies? Depression? Yes? However it's been working out, I've been sleeping a lot this week and truly have not wanted any human company at all. I think the sun had not set when I crashed out yesterday. And I'm still tired. Time to bust out the BBotE. I should have some left...

No comments: