Thursday, January 26, 2012

STUFF!!!

I've been a bit political of late. That's getting kinda boring, so back to the nice, fluffy stuff.

I got a new jacket the other day: the Duluth Trading Company Fire Hose Field Coat

In a nutshell, it's a faux-military coat complete with all the lovely, large-capacity pockets that make such attire popular. Like much of Duluth's wares, it's crafted of the same kind of material that fire hoses are made from.

Don't laugh. This stuff is awesome!

I've patronized Duluth Trading Company for a while (I believe I have many prior gushing posts preaching my love for their attire). I find their customer service to be top notch and their garments to be both comfortable and quite durable.

This jacket is exactly the sort of thing that makes me happy. It's got four outer pockets of varying capacity and the two lower pockets have hand-warmer pockets behind them. The lower pockets have enough capacity that I can shove my Kobo reader, carry case and all, into it and have room to spare. There's two inner pockets with capacity for a wallet or what-have-you. There's an elastic draw-cord on the inside to tighten it about the waist if that's needed and the elbows are reinforced.

If I scrape together the cash, I might get one in the other color (I got the "vintage olive" one).

While I'm pimping Duluth Trading Co., I may as well sing the praises of their Flex Ballroom Jeans.

And by "ballroom", they're not talking about formal dancing. Just sayin'.

The flex jeans have a bit of spandex in the mix to let 'em stretch a bit. Gives them a loose, comfortable fit and the stretch was certainly nice around the Holidaze (what with all that eating and such).

One of the things I love most about Duluth Trading jeans are that they make the jeans' pockets with tough material (in this case, that fire hose material). Most jeans I've gotten from other sources (Levi's, etc.) have weak material for the pockets and the various things I carry in my pockets (*cough*Leatherman*cough*keys*cough*other sharp things*cough*) contribute terrible wear-and-tear, causing them to rip quickly.

To date, none of my Duluth jeans have torn. I probably can't get away with wearing them to a club in the City or something, but I'm not really a clubber, so it doesn't matter.

No comments: