Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Facebook-free - day one

I've decided Facebook is a bit like a substance addiction. I find myself looking for my Facebook bookmark then remembering I deleted it in order to not accidentally nullify my cancellation (if you log in during the 14 day period after you request deletion, you account is automatically reinstated).

I asked a friend what she saw. She said my posts all vanished. Another said I'm still listed in her friend list, but my profile page can't be accessed.

Interesting but now I feel a bit like a high school grad who can't help but drive by his old school.

Kinda weird.

In other news, my DSL modem is dying. Good times.

1 comment:

Aaron Britton said...

Here is a book about our addiction to things like Facebook. It also tells you why it was good you dumped Facebook.

This might feed more of your paranoia though.

Too Much Magic. Pulling the Plug on the Cult of Tech. By Jason Benlevi

You can check out a review here at this photo blog
http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com/2012/03/too-much-magic-book-that-helps-explain.html

Again I have warned your paranoia.

Aaron