Monday, March 7, 2011

Saddle Up

I meant to babble about this earlier, but I'm easily distra... oooh! Shiny!

What was I...? Oh yeah.

So yeah. Saddleback Leather Company.

Let me get my brain back into the zone here. Oh yes, so it's a weekend or two ago. I'm wandering about scenic San Francisco on a sunny-ish, nice day in between spots of rain and I'm trucking about with my Saddleback satchel. I wandered into a store and poked about when one of the clerks stops me.

"Is that a Saddleback?"

And thus starts the conversation and my enthusiastic gushing over how much I looooove my "man purse".

I own several things from Saddleback. All of them date from a year or two ago when I actually had a little money to buy expensive stuff with (all pre-dating my car payment... *sigh*). I've got a couple of their large satchels as well as one of their classic briefcases and even a little case for my iTouch.

I'm not the sort of person who will get a lot of love from PETA with my fashion choices.

It's funny how these bags get attention, though. I often get stopped as I wander about the Bay Area and questioned about the bags.

Sometimes people just ask me where I got the bag from. Sometimes they already know and just want to know how I like it.

At least two people have asked me why I don't carry a bullwhip and wear a fedora with my satchel(s).

They rock.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Duly noted. After a certain credit card is obliterated, I think I shall celebrate with leather.