Monday, March 14, 2011

A Few Things

1) I hate Daylight Saving Time with an unholy passion beyond my ability to express in words. I don't care that we "get more sunlight". I want my hour of sleep back, damnit.

2) I'm gratified to know that my friends in Japan are all safe and sound. I'd suspected they were fine, given that they're hundreds of miles to the southwest of the quake zone, but one can never be certain.

I've already donated to Red Cross. If I were the sort who believed prayers made any difference, I'd offer those.

3) For some perspective on the reactor problems in Japan, one might consider the words of someone with some experience in the matter.

---
I want to think of something chirpy to say, but I'm too goddamn tired.

To whomever was responsible for the extension of DST: I hope you suffer chronic insomnia for those two extra weeks every year for the balance of your lives and experience explosive diarrhea every night, just 'cause I'm vindictive.

No comments: