Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pondering Icons

I'll be honest. I couldn't work up enough interest to give half a shit about the upcoming "reboot" of "Wonder Woman".

I'm done with the super hero crap, for the most part. Adrienne Palicki will probably be fine in the role. Given she's going to be compared with the camp-tastic Lynda Carter series, I doubt Palicki will be judged severely on any acting merits.

That said, I'm really enjoying the fan outrage over her costume. First the complaint was that she looked like a hooker. Now I guess the costume is subtly different.

Either way, I'm amused by the fan reactions. Did anyone watch the old Lynda Carter show? Hell, has anyone read a comic book in the last... oh... thirty years?

I would love for someone to point out five mainstream superheroines who don't look like a 13-year-old boy's mastubatory fantasy.

Wonder Woman? Batgirl? Black Canary? She-Hulk? Black Widow?

Keep trying and good luck with that.

No comments: