Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Human Nature

BoingBoing has a story about fraud and Japan relief.

I wish I could say I'm surprised.

Disgusting assholes like these fraudsters are an abomination to our species. It's doubly-sad, 'cause many people I know anticipated this and have avoided participating in what is likely otherwise-legitimate fundraising endeavors for Japan's troubles.

Personally I find it easiest to donate to Red Cross (Yes, I'm pimping the Red Cross. Get over it). It's hard to go wrong with them.

If ninja clans were real, it would be my fondest hope that they're dispatching shadowy agents to deal with the various fraudsters and that in coming weeks, mysterious funds will go to help those affected in Japan.

And somewhere, in a dark cave, a pile of heads or ears or some other grisly trophies will appear to mark the decrease of opportunistic assholes in this world.

No comments: