Friday, December 16, 2016

Review: Dango Wallet

Third of my glut of Kickstarters I backed, I got the Dango Products T1 "Tactical Wallet".

I swear to God, I can't resist these "tactical" thingies. I think it's because they simultaneously appeal to the kid in me who wanted to be James Bond and because they almost-always have a bottle opener and/or screwdriver.

After I got back from my trip last month, the T1 was waiting for me in my held mail.

The Dango wallets come in two flavors: the "Dapper" wallet and the "Tactical" one. The difference really is that the Tactical one has bezels and includes a multi-tool.

The wallet is an aluminum frame with a leather pocket on one side. The entire affair is held together by a silicone band. The frame has an integrated bottle opener on one end and can be used as a glass-breaker. The multi-tool can extend and sort of lock to let someone partially-extend the tool while using the wallet as a handle or to remove the tool altogether for its other functions.

The multi-tool has all sorts of things one might find on a wallet-tool: saw, blade, wrenches, pry-tip, screwdriver, and yet another bottle opener.

Huh. I just realized there's a second bottle opener. And my average goes up again.

The wallet itself is a work of art. It's freakin' gorgeous. It's designed to hold about eight or nine cards with the multi-tool. I've managed to push my T1 a little beyond what it's intended to hold and cram nearly all my cards in, with liberal use of the silicone band. I may get a Dapper wallet as a second or as a backup as I think I've overdone it on how many cards I've got in.

I carry too much crap.

Still, this is a damn fine wallet. Worth the money and I found Dango Products to be an excellent Kickstarter to back. Charlie Carroll, the creator, had excellent communication and seemed to have his act together. I'd back another by him.

No comments: