Sunday, July 7, 2013

Passion for the drinks

Discovered a supply of lilikoi passion fruit juice. For whatever reason, getting this in the mainland is a giant pain in the arse. Thankfully, I found a local source.

With it, I took over bartender duties today and made philippine punches.

What's a philippine punch, you ask?

Fill a blender about 2 cups of crushed ice for every drink you're making. Add 2 ounces of a light rum (Baccardi is recommended), 1 ounce of Toriani Amer (I am probably spelling "Toriani" wrong), 1/4 ounce Grenadine, 2 ounces orange juice, 1 ounce lemon juice (best if fresh-squeezed from Meyers lemons), 1/2 ounce passion fruit juice.

Blend, pour into a long glass. Add a sprig of mint. Enjoy.

To add to the joy, my dad sent his children home with some tiki bar lounge music (Arthur Lyman and Martin Denny). I now have over three hours of kitchy lounge music for Tiki bars playing on my computer.

I love my life.

No comments: