Monday, October 15, 2012

Tick-tock goes the clock

October is roughly half-done. Ye gods. How the hell did that happen?

I really should consider what, if anything, I will do for a Halloween costume.

I bet I could do a convincing undead with minimal makeup.

Oy.

Allergies have set in over the weekend, by way of segue. Thank goodness I still have the strong meds for that. Fried me up nicely Saturday and Sunday.

In other health news, my arm is improving. Slowly. Sucks that the exact motion that hurts the most (using the mouse) is the motion I need for my work.

A mini heat-wave is due to hit the Bay Area this week. Gotta love autumn here. It's always hotter than summer.

Drives me nuts.

Did I mention I watched the CW "remake" of "Beauty and the Beast"? It stars Kristin Kreuk and a bunch of soap-opera model faces. In a nutshell: lots of pretty people with mediocre acting talent acting poorly in a poorly-written show filled with cliches.

Kind of what I expected, only disappointing all the same.

I might continue to watch "Arrow" out of its hokey entertainment value, but "Beauty and the Beast" is unlikely to retain my attention.

Hell, aside from the now-on-hiatus "Doctor Who", the only things that are holding my attention for any amount of time are "Fringe" (oh, you crazy Observers and your Nazi-esque occupation of the future... and the delicious Georgina Haig...), "White Collar", "Covert Affairs", and... um... is that it? Jeez. Oh wait, I guess I'll give "Arrow" a shot (HAH! See what I did there?).

Oh, and the odd cartoon or two. I'm enjoying the "DC Nation" block on Cartoon Network. "Green Lantern: The Animated Series" is entertaining despite the terrible CGI. And I'm really liking "Young Justice".

I gave up on "Alphas". SyFy clearly doesn't feel the urge to put any effort into science fiction anymore.

Yes, I'm sort of just rambling today. Such is the way of things.

Mmm... Georgina Haig. Wait. What was I talking about?

Oh yes! TV! I'm excited about the upcoming "S.H.I.E.L.D." TV series. Especially since they're...









Spoiler:


























Bringing back Agent Coulson. YAY!

No comments: