Friday, October 5, 2012

rambling

Sitting on the cusp of the weekend, I ponder the week.

Crazy-busy.

"Fringe" starts tonight, so there's some TV joy in the immediate future. That should be nice. After a week of slacking, this week's crazy has not been relaxing or fun.

I have hopes that the damn sink issue is getting resolved today. I was testy with a lot of people and I expect someone to at least look at the damn thing when I get home today.

Wish I didn't have to blow off class for this.

The re-reading of "The Fellowship of the Ring" is really driving home for me just how different the books and the movies are. I still think Peter Jackson did a good job adapting the story to film. Some changes just had to be made. Can't say I approve of how some characters were transformed, though.

Aragorn became a bit more badass and broadly-skilled (shooting arrows nearly as well as Legolas, for example). That worked for me.

Merry and Pippin became little more than comic relief for the most part. That doesn't work quite as well.

I would have liked to see Jackson somehow work in the Barrow-wights into the story, but that would have pretty much required Tom Bombadil and I just don't see Tom Bombadil getting to the big screen without being utterly silly.

The interplay in Bree is much better in the book, for the most part. Still, adding all of this would have made the series six movies instead of three. Easily.

Placed an order with County Comm earlier this week. Got a couple of Neo Elastic Pouches and some other odds-and-ends.

Why the pouches? I want something to carry my wallet-ish bits easier to martial arts class. I think this can fit my wallet nicely and my martial arts uniform lacks pockets... I could put everything in a bag, but I'm a fan of not keeping all my eggs in one basket.

If this idea doesn't work out, I expect I'll find other uses for the pouches. They seem quite well-constructed and nicely-padded.

Gotta love County Comm.

No comments: