Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A few more babblings

I appear to have full-blown carpal-tunnel/repetitive stress injury/some f***ing problem with my dominant arm/elbow/wrist/hand.

This sucks. A lot.

Interestingly-enough, squeeze toys help as does the weirder parts of my martial arts class. Go figure.

I'm constantly experimenting with height levels at my desk to get the right comfort level.

Haven't found it yet.

That said, my arm doesn't hurt nearly as much today as in previous days. Using the mouse with my non-dominant arm sucks a great deal, though.


Somewhat-related: found out I am completely out of pain-killers in my apartment.

Except for the liquid stuff. Got lots of that.

Whiskey works. Just sayin'.



Learned how to properly do air-falls last night. What's an "air-fall" you ask? Well, an "air-fall" is when you are flipped/thrown/whatever in a style (for example, judo) and you're in the air for a bit before gravity introduces you to the ground.

Differs from a fall where you're in contact with the ground the whole time.

Differs a lot.

Learning how to do so properly was a genuine joy. One of my instructors has said that learning to fall is the most valuable part of my particular style. He ain't lyin'.

I fall a lot.

No comments: