Monday, July 16, 2012

Scottevest Thoughts

I'll admit I haven't perused the Scottevest site in a while. Last week made me think of them and I poked around again, mainly to see what they've got and what I've obtained from them in the past.

I've already mentioned the pure awesome that is the TEC Hat.

I sort of mentioned the hoodie and may have mentioned it before in the ridiculous number of postings I've had to this blog.

The hoodie is probably my second-favorite (after the TEC hat) garment I've gotten from Scottevest. It's very comfortable and has a pleasing number of pockets. It has a few of the problems I've found in all the jackets I've gotten from them: the zippers are stubborn and stick often. And I don't like magnets in my clothes, but overall I very much love it. I think when I got mine before they only had one color. Now I see they offer a second color so I may have to expand the wardrobe when my budget allows.

I've got one of their Tropical Windbreaker jackets in an EDC bag somewhere. I have to admit this one is also quite nice. It's an excellent summer jacket for the Bay Area when the sea breezes and fog make their appearance. Has a ridiculous number of pockets, fits nicely, and breathes well.

Interestingly-enough, this is the only Scottevest garment (aside from the TEC Hat) I own in which the zippers don't stick. No idea what was going on when this was made, but everything in this jacket is solid. Nice construction and everything.

Actually, the more I peruse their catalog, the more I note that the garments I had issue with are no longer listed. Maybe they were discontinued?

I may have to revisit this site more often. The Expedition jacket looks tempting, as does the Carry On Coat. The latter could use a few colors for variety, I suppose, but the concept is intriguing.

I see their T-shirts have a different design as well.

I'm intrigued that they appear to have a few things I've seen on County Comm, like the Embassy Pen and peanut lighter. I wonder if there's some kind of cooperation thing going on or both companies just get their stuff from the same place?

You intrigue me again, Scottevest. I look forward to my budget letting me buy some of your stuff.

1 comment:

Scott said...

Hi there! Thanks for the mention. I am sorry to hear you have had some issues with zippers sticking in the past. We have re-designed a large portion of our products and one of the things we improved on were our zippers and other design elements. Also, please know that we do have a 2 year warranty for all of our products, and a stuck zipper would absolutely fall under warranty! You mentioned our Carry On Coat--keep your eyes out for a redesign of that, an awesome men's Trench Coat! Super exciting and coming soon! Hope you will be back to the site soon...