Saturday, July 21, 2012

Knight Time

Saw The Dark Knight Rises on Friday.


Reactions (spoilery)

























You were warned.




Nice follow-up to The Dark Knight. I enjoyed the addition of Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character "John Blake". The character twist at the end was clever-ish.
I am deeply in lust... um... love... no wait. Both. I am in love/lust with Anne Hathaway. My only complaint regarding her is that she did not get nearly enough screen-time, especially in that catsuit. Mmm...

I enjoyed Marion Cotillard's character "Miranda Tate". A little predictable.

And overall, it was a fun story. Satisfying, if somewhat ambiguous, ending.

I intensely-disliked the overall delivery of the character of "Bane". The mask made him look stupid. The sound mixing of his voice was terrible and nearly incomprehensible. And that coat made him look ridiculous.

There was not enough Batman. Not nearly enough. Not by far.

I could claim a lot of the story was contrived, but the film is based on a comic book. "Contrived" is a given.

If there was any deep message in the whole "Occupy movement" allusions in the plot, they were lost in the heavy-handed, and somewhat-incomprehensible delivery.

No comments: