Tuesday, June 12, 2012

SAR Global Tool

I thought I'd posted about the awesome of SAR Global Tool before.

I looked back in my archives and realized I must've imagined posting something.

How embarrassing!

Time to correct that!

I saw mention of SAR Global Tool's offerings on Apocalypse Equipped and found myself fascinated (as I usually do) by the unique and cool stuff Josh found.

Then, one day, I saw this post on Apocalypse Equipped and couldn't resist.

A short time later, I had one.

I mainly bought it in anticipation of doing some hiking, but my busy schedule has conflicted with that clever plan so far. All the same, I picked up a necklace from CountyComm and put the SAR tool on it. I'm still working on a comfortable configuration, but it works nicely enough.

It's a very clever tool! It's got a nice, solid clip that makes for a functional money-clip and I've found myself using the mirror a couple of times (to see if I had something in my eye... not to signal for rescue yet). The knife is a sharp little thing too.

Oh, while I'm on the topic of CountyComm, they have the "revision 2" of their Maratac AA flashlight out. It's a bright little bugger and comes with a diffuser making it work as a sort of candle or lantern. Worth a look if you want a practical and portable light.

For the record, I get no kick-backs from any gushing reviews I post nor do I have any kind of non-customer relationship with any of these vendors. Just wanted to say nice things about good stuff.

No comments: