Wednesday, June 20, 2012

It burnssss usssss....

I hate fluorescent lights. They give me a splitting headache after a certain period of time ranging from a few hours to a few minutes, depending on the light intensity and type.

Makes working in an office loads of fun.

Normally I can just tough it out. However, my office currently has "natural" lights that are anything but and give me horrific headaches within a half-hour on their lowest setting.

I've taken to wearing polarized sunglasses indoors to stave off the worst effect. Works okay as a solution and I only stand out a lot among my co-workers. To be fair, I'm not the only one who suffers this malady and not the only one who wears shades indoors, so there's that at least.

Polarized shades and my computer monitor are a match made in the deepest bowels of hell, however. They just don't work together. At the best of times, the combo creates horrible eye strain. At the worst... well, it's just not do-able.

Like many of my co-workers, I use a solution to shield my workstation somewhat from the lights: a canopy of sorts that reminds me a bit of Ferngully.

It works okay, but it's a bit small.

Then another co-worker pointed me towards CubeShield.

I ordered one last week. It came on Monday and it's been a joy. It's bigger than the leaf-canopy thing and provides better shielding.

Aaaah... working in relative bliss. That's got to be forbidden somehow.

1 comment:

Aaron Britton said...

it might have more to do with the ballast of the light and how they occilate the light from the flourescents.