Monday, September 14, 2009

Wha?

Rain? Seriously?

I don't think it's ever rained on September 13 before yesterday. I'm pretty sure I could say the same of September 12.

Yeah, okay... so it was a weird weekend. We had rain. And thunder. And lightning.

Mostly a lot of rolling thunder in the early hours of Saturday morning. Long boughts of rolling thunder. I actually wasn't sure it was thunder for a bit but frankly I was too tired to worry about it.

Erik hosted a game Saturday afternoon and we watched the clouds fade to something that might resemble sunshine before the clouds returned again later that day.

I saw droplets of something akin to rain on my drive home that night.

Sunday saw more clouds as I did the family thing. I didn't see proper rain until on my drive home. Then it was pretty much non-stop. That was good times. Nothing like driving on freshly-wet and slick roads. Mmm...

Not otherwise my most productive weekend ever. Having gotten one late gift out of the way, I'm now scrambling to get another late gift package together and in the mail. This one goes international, so that's good times. It will be super-late. *sigh*

[Nerd warning: what follows is gaming nerd-related]

The game was fun for the most part. It started with a two-hour drop into a dark chasm of evil which I mostly dozed for, but once we hit bottom and danced with the undead, it was good times.

Highlights:
- two hours (real time) of falling
- fear of swimming
- sarcophogai of evil
- more sarcophogai of evil
- don't take anything from the crystal chamber
- Oooh! Standing stones!
- Hey, my magic belt does [insert awesome thing here]

[end Nerd warning]

No comments: