Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moments of Absurdity

Sometimes life just dishes out moments that are so bizarre and so utterly absurd that there's just no alternative than to laugh.

I've found those moments most often happen in context with work and family, though they come at pretty much any time outside of those realms.

And then the giggles hit me.

"Giggle" is probably understating it. It becomes full-bellied (almost hysterical) laughter very quickly.

And I've inherited a tendency to be overcome by said laughter to the point where I'm practically crying and unable to breathe.

I just had one of those moments after reading the conclusion to an email thread at work.

My side hurts.

My contacts are sliding from the tears.

My co-workers think I'm completely insane... though in all fairness, they already thought that. No big change there.

And it's just a little past noon.

No comments: