Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hen da na

* A co-worker let me have some chocolate-covered bacon.

It was tasty!

* I took part of my lunch to further stock up on chocolate supplies (though I opted not to combine this trip with a bacon supply run). About half of the supplies survived the trek back to the office.

* I'm giving serious consideration into getting an unbreakable umbrella. It's pricy, but you never know when you might get attacked by a pumpkin or a killer tomato or something.

* I'm splitting my reading time up. At home I'm working on "Sandman Slim", as noted in a prior post. At work (on breaks - duh) I'm reading "Thirteen Orphans", by Jane Lindskold. I figured it might appeal to my fascination with Chinese mythology.

It bills itself as appealing to Jim Butcher fans. I'm going to have to say that I disagree. The implication is that fans of the "Dresden Files" books would like this take on modern magic, but these are totally not the same thing at all. Lindskold's characters spend a good half of the book shambling around doing nothing significant at all, whereas Butcher's books tend to be pretty solid narrative.

It's not a bad book, but I wouldn't push it towards any Butcher fans and expect them to like it.

* I'm tired. I wonder if I can survive class tonight?

No comments: