Friday, September 11, 2009

U.S. Postal Stupid

I ordered a package from overseas, as I often do. In this particular case, it was sent registerd mail. I didn't get a tracking number from the seller, but I haven't had problems in the past so I wasn't worried.

That was about a month ago.

Finally I sent of mail asking what's up with the package. The vendor sent me a tracking number. I ran the number through USPS's system.

USPS claims they tried to deliver on 8/26 and left a notice.

I usually am pretty good about examining my mail. I didn't get any notices.

So I tried to do a redelivery through their system. After all, their website says they'll return the item if unclaimed after 30 days.

I got an error. The package has already been redelivered. It's 9/11 today. Did math suddenly change since August? I'm pretty sure 30 days haven't passed yet.

I'm a little irritated. Time for a chat with the postal service.

No comments: